Labels

Friday, October 1, 2010

Doubled and Twisted

Charbay
Marko K. Spirits Doubled and Twisted Whisky....$51.99 / liter
Only 200 - 6 bottle cases made.
Made from distilling a hoppy IPA Beer!


Here is his story:

The term Doubled & Twisted was from the days of not knowing the exact proof coming out of a copper pot still on the second run. It’s the best stuff! The heart of the heart cut. Just after 4am, D&T was coming out of the still at about 162 proof and twisting on itself, so that’s when I took the picture that would later turn into my label.


Whiskey is distilled from beer, globally. If the final result is a 20 to 1 reduction, doesn’t it make sense to use the best beer possible? That’s what I did and I am sure the IPA beer I used, hops and all, is the most expensive beer ever used to make whiskey. The result of using a great IPA is all the hop flavors and two row malty flavors distilled over into the final spirit. The hops give the D&T a fruity, floral, very green spicy character, unlike any other whiskey out there. That is exciting to me. I did not want to duplicate anybody’s style of Whiskey; I wanted to make my own style that accents the ingredients.


It was barrel aged for a day and then bottled clear to capture the true whiskey flavors.

Jenni & I bottled 200 cases (6-pack, liter bottles). The intent is not to take over the world; just to make the best whiskey possible and take care of friends.


We like to serve D&T on the rocks.

---Charbay







No comments: