Labels

Monday, April 26, 2010

Review Mikkeller 1000IBU

The Hopry (a Kansas City Beer Blog) reviews Mikkeller 1000IBU that he purchased from The Wine and Cheese Place
"Well here we are finally – a whole week dedicated to my love for hops. Why only a week Ginger Beard? I don’t know, either. I could easily do a month’s worth of hop sessions, but the truth is that you’d all get bored and I would be bloated beyond belief. LOL! So here are three hopped up monsters I’ve been excited to share with you for quite a whole now. First up is the Mikkeller 1000 IBU Imperial IPA. It’s created a bit of controversy on the Internets, and for good reason. WTF is with 1000 IBUs? Who cares? Bring it on is what’s up. Now…I’m not going to say I had an out-of-body experience drinking this gem, but I came damn close. As most of you hopheads can attest, we are constantly looking for the hoppiest beers on the market. Well my friends…I’ve found it. This bad boy is a hopocalypse if I’ve ever tasted one. You are immediately met with an mushroom cloud of hop aromas out of the glass (definitely some centennial and simcoe), and just behind that is a good amount of sweet caramel malt aroma. And then the flavor just pummels your mouth…DAMN DUDE! It’s crazy, but much more balanced than you would expect. After all, it’s only 9.6% ABV – yes only – this should be an 18% beer. Anyway just go get one and enjoy the mayhem…seriously!" -- The Hopry




Watch the video:





The Hopry Session # 67 Mikkeller 1000 IBU Beer Review from The Hopry on Vimeo.






No comments: