Thursday, April 9, 2009

Delicious and limited...

I was shocked at the quality of these wines when I tasted them. I honestly thought they were going to be $40 bottles and when I saw the prices -- I took everything that came into St. Louis. Amazing wines! Reading about them tonight, I found out the winemaker is Mathew Rorrick who made wines at Peter Michael Winery at one time---one of the top wineries in California. Now I know how they achieve such quality, but do I do not know how they could charge so little for this quality and the tiny quantity they produce. Don't hesitate to try these world class wines!

2006 Elizabeth Spencer Chardonnay...$26.99
Sonoma Coast -- only 40 barrels made.
Winemaker’s Notes
Pure yellow gold in color. Crisp apple, honeysuckle, and summer melon aromas are complimented by hints of lemon meringue, clove and slate. Broad and generous on the palate, the wine has rich flavors of Meyer lemon, crème brulee, lavender and pear. On the finish, crisp acidity brings the broad palate into focus with long, lingering flavors of citrus." -- Mathew Rorrick, winemaker
2007 Elizabeth Spencer Grenache...$22.99
Mendocino -- only 20 barrels made.
Winemaker’s Notes
"Deep garnet color in the glass. On the nose there are fresh, intense aromas of rose petal, ergamot, black cherry, lilac, and peppercorn. Supple and round on the entry, smooth mature tannins build beneath layers of ripe plum, kirsch and a hint of mint. Lively red fruit flavors shines through to a clean and persistent finish." -- Mathew Rorrick, winemaker

No comments: