Labels

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We want Stone...

Somebody posted in the comments --
"Why Tommyknocker? How about Stone? With all the new brands coming in ahead of the beer season some of these brands are going to get lost on the shelf." -- anonymous

I email Stone every few months trying to convince them to come to St. Louis and that St. Louis is a great craft beer town. We would love to get Stone here, but it is not as easy as just calling them and placing an order. They have to want to come to St. Louis and get registered with the state. I still believe if we email them enough they will come here...
Check out my post from February 2nd and email them.
Click here to see Stone post

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the by I did write Stone and so far no comment from them. I even offered my services to organize a "festival" type opening for the product which I know would be fantastically received by the STL beer community, and other beer drinkers Too!

Anonymous said...

From Stone: "Tell the MANAGEMENT... at your favorite pubs, restaurants and markets that you would like them to ask their distributors for Arrogant Bastard Ale."

Shouldn't our target be these managers (who talk to the distributors) instead of the Stone brewery itself? I wrote Stone several months ago concerning getting their beers in STL (like brewski, haven't heard back). However, I wonder, after reading this message from Stone, if that time would have been better spent convincing distributors that there is a larger demand for this beer in St louis than they realize.

Paul Hayden said...

I know both Derek and Bill at MoBev know how much demand there is for Stone. Derek is on the beer boards more than anybody. I am sure they would love to get Stone. I am not sure about the other beer distributors in MO.